Last updated: Nov 19, 2016
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect certain information when you connect to or use the Services in various ways. This information may be information that can identify you as a person or non-personal information and is either collected automatically or as a result of your specific input of the information. All information collected in any way is referred to collectively in this Policy as “Information.” All Information is currently processed and stored in the United States.
You may be required to provide the following Information to us when you install a Bunch mobile application or sign up for the Services: your email address, username, gender, age, interests, education, occupation and picture. We automatically collect the time you connect (“timestamp”). Also, if you sign up via an ad click, we automatically collect your device type and unique device identifier.
We collect the following Information each time you log in to Bunch: your geographic location (specified by latitude and longitude), your IP address and the MAC address of the device you are using. If you are logging in on the iOS platform, we also collect the Identifier for Vendor (“IFV”), the Identifier for Advertiser (“IFA”), your UDID (in versions prior to 3.6.0) or Open UDID. If you are logging in on an Android platform, we also collect your Android ID, your input method editor (“IME”) and your mobile equipment identifier (“MEID”). Also, if you log in through an ad identifier, we collect your device type and a timestamp. We collect all of the above Information automatically as part of the log in process.
Sign up via Facebook
We collect the following Information when you sign up for Bunch via your Facebook account, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, Facebook profile picture, education, occupation, gender, birthday, how many Facebook friends you have, Facebook ID and a timestamp. We collect all of the above information automatically as part of the Facebook sign up process. If you want us to delete the data we receive from Facebook about you, please submit a request to Bunch support.
We collect the following information when you use the Services’ chat feature: the text of your chat session, any pictures you’ve shared in the chat session and a timestamp.
In addition to the geographic Information collected when you log in, we automatically receive an approximation of your geographic location when you use the Services. When you use the Services on a mobile device, you can allow Bunch to receive your more precise location by enabling or disabling location services through your mobile device settings.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use Information for the following purposes:
- to administer our websites and provide our services or information you request to process and complete any transactions;
- to promote Bunch and our Services in general;
- to provide you with advertising of interest to you;
- to identify your location to other Bunch users, if you choose to enable this feature;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our services;
- to monitor and analyze user behavior and trends;
- to track visitor movement and activity in the aggregate (for example, to give us information about what parts of the websites users are visiting) to personalize and improve Bunch products and features and your experiences when you use Bunch, such as providing content or features that match your profile, location or interests;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- help prevent fraud or other misuse; and
- for any other stated purpose for which the Information was collected.
In addition, we may use your email address to send you emails for both transactional (e.g., confirmation of or issues with Services) and promotional purposes (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications and third-party offers). Email messages we send to you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails, including whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional emails from us, please see the section in each email labeled “Choice/Opt-Out”.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
We may share Information as follows:
- with in-app advertisers or advertising networks for the purpose of providing advertising of interest to you within the Services or advertising the Services in other locations;
- with analytics providers for the purpose of analyzing user data;
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services;
- anonymous or aggregate data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bunch, our users, or others; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
What Information Can the Other Users See?
A main purpose of using the Services is to meet and interact with new people. The information you enter in your profile, including your location (if you enable that feature), and photos you upload to your profile are visible to all users of the Services. Other users of the Services may also see the fact that you have viewed their profiles. Any text and images you send to a chat recipient will be visible to that recipient. We review all public pictures. If the picture is rejected, that picture or link will not be published.
How Do We Use Your Information for Advertising and Analytics?
We may allow advertisers and analytics providers to collect your Information within the Services and they may share it with us. Advertisers may collect your Information through the use of tracking technologies such as browser cookies and web beacons. The Information collected may be used to offer advertisements of particular interest to you and to analyze your activity within the Services to improve your experience.
When we sell advertising space on the mobile platform, ad networks may collect the following user Information in order to provide advertising of interest to you: IP address, http: header information, location (including longitude/latitude), age, gender and unique device IDs. We do not provide to ad networks names, user names, phone numbers, or email addresses. We use third-party service providers to track your visits to our websites, including Google Analytics.
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information?
While we take measures to protect your Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration, despite our efforts, no security measures are impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account, you can access and modify certain Information that you provided to us that is associated with your account by logging in to the Services and editing your profile information. Note that you may not modify your location Information, which is automatically collected. To request modifications to any Information that you cannot edit via the Services, please contact Bunch support.
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails and push notifications from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of these messages, you will still receive emails from us, about your account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
If you are located outside the United States, please note that we may transfer your Information to the United States (or any other country in which we operate) and process it there. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage and disclosure of your Information as described in this Policy.
Your Privacy Rights for California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents may request and obtain from Bunch once a year, free of charge, a list of third parties who receive personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes and the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties. To request this information sharing disclosure, please contact Bunch customer support.
Changes to the Policy
Any Information that is collected is subject to the Policy in effect at the time such Information is collected. We may, however, modify the Policy from time to time. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you of such changes by posting them within the Services or by sending you an email or other notification, and we will indicate when such changes will become effective. By continuing to access or use the Services after those changes become effective, you are agreeing to have your Information collected, used and disclosed as described in the modified Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact Bunch at email@example.com.